Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Slave Driver

It is nice to know that my wife cares about me, but man, she can be a demanding coach!

When I ride by bike to work, I call her when I get there to let her know I have arrived safely. I will call her regardless of whether I rode the whole way or did the Bike/Bus/Bike thing.

My best time for this commute, on the road bike, with traffic lights in my favor, no pedestrians in the cross walks, minimal traffic and in the summer after plenty of time in the saddle was 40 minutes for the 13.1 miles. Avg of ~19.5mph.

My typical time on the Old Ironsides, not pushing it, with traffic, pedestrians, stop lights, etc. is 50 minutes. Avg of ~15.7mph

I was able to get DaMom to agree to give me 1 hour before she started with the search party stuff.

Today was the first time this year I rode to work the entire way. I was on Old Ironsides and he wasn't all that happy, I was feeling the ride, and I got stuck at several lights and crosswalks. It took me 65 minutes to get there.

Like a vicious Drill Sargent she was on the phone at 60 minutes looking for me and told the Office Manager to have me call her as soon as I got in. As soon as I got to my desk I did just that and was told "I expect your ride to take 1 hour and you to call me in an hour, there are no excuses!"

When DaKids go to school and DaMom goes back to work I think she should become one of those fat camp personal trainers who don't accept excuses for anything!

g

No comments:

Post a Comment