Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Helpful Co-Workers

When my calculator went missing I put out the company wide call:

If anyone sees a lost, cold and lonely, TI-86 graphing calculator (black), please return it to me. He has been missing for a couple of days now and is probably very scared and might be hiding.

Thanks,
g

In less than one hour these are the responses that came back:

#1
Great, now I'll have to keep an eye on my TI-85, so that it doesn't run off to cavort with your calculator.  Can't you keep that thing on a leash?  I don't want it meddling with my innocent, shall I say chaste, number cruncher.

#2
My calculator really enjoys jazz saxophone. I would recommend wandering around busting out some soulful sax licks... I'm sure that would get him out of hiding.

#3
I saw him hanging out with my slide rule who says she has no idea where he went.
#4
I'm sure he's safe; probably hanging out with my needle nose pliers, dikes, and USB cable.

It is so wonderful working with such kind, thoughtful, and helpful people. NOT!!!

*EDIT*
And a former Co-Worker has chimed in with his comment...
"I'd be careful. The government has probably confiscated your calculator as a weapon of math instruction..."

g

2 comments:

  1. I'd be careful. The government has probably confiscated your calculator as a weapon of math instruction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gets bumped into the text body....

    ReplyDelete