Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cut and a Shave

Valuable lesson learned:
Never drastically alter your appearance when you have young kids.

My last hair cut had been some time before November. Maybe in October, but it could have been September. Anyhow, my hair was long. I had grown a beard to deal with the wind and cold while working outside as well.

I was hairy. Not quite Wolf Boy but certainly not my normal "shorter than everyone likes" length. People like my hair longer. I grow it out and they tell me to get it cut. Go figure.

DaMom got clipped on Friday before dinner and I got sheared after dinner. After 30 minutes of jokes about possible future styles (the faux hawk, the comb over, the flop, stooges bowl, etc.) my locks lay on the floor ready to be scooped up and turned into wool. Never heard of DaGoof Wool? Much like Merino Wool it only comes from one place, ME.

When I got home I wanted the junk off my face. It had been warm last week and my inner Wookie was ready to let the outer Yeti be free so out came the trimmer. Off went the face fur.

This was a dumb move on my part.

Two year olds are sensitive to appearances.

I had lots of hair before dinner and now I looked like a sheared yak.

She had no idea who I was.

She hid in the corner.

That sucked.

When she finally warmed up to me a little and realized who I was, she wouldn't take her eyes off of me. Even during Goodnight Moon. She loves to point things out to me in that book but stared at me like I was some impostor through the whole thing.

I wish I had the camera because her expression was priceless.

On Saturday all was right with the world and I was accepted as daddy again.

So remember:
Never drastically alter your appearance when you have young kids.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment