Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh New England

March 25, 1998.
The date I picked up my brandy new Exploder from the dealership.

March 20, 2009.
The date I tapped the rocker panel with my foot and most of it flaked to the ground.

It looks even worse underneath

Last year I had to take the running boards off because they were starting to wobble. That's when I first saw the cancer. I figured I could stretch a few more years out of it but the inevitable is approaching rapidly. My truck is dying.

So now I'd like to offer my special thanks to:
  • The plastic covers that both caused and hid the rust (it has gotten so far out of hand it can't be fixed).
  • The New England states and towns that find it necessary to dump caustic, rust inducing chemicals on the road at the slightest sign of ice because people are to stupid to slow down in inclement weather.
  • Stupid people who insist aforementioned product be spread on the ground so they may continue speeding.
Eleven years and done.

And after 5 years of owning it, guess who's finally coming out for summer chores?
g

No comments:

Post a Comment