Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh Me, Oh My...

Oh me, oh my they grow up so fast.

Tonight is quilting night for DaMom and as per usual on these nights it's all up to me to get DaKids into bed. Tonight was normal enough, DaBoy yelling at me as I take him out of the tub and DaGirl splashing about soaking everything in sight.

Something strange happened when I finished dressing DaBoy (who was still yelling by the way) DaGirl asked to get out of the tub! She stood up, looked at me, said "all done" and had already pulled the plug.

WOW

Next we went upstairs for story time. DaGirl wasn't interested her evening snack but cuddled up to me on the floor as I read "One Fish, Two Fish...." during DaBoys siren song. Daboy was rolling around her room and genuinely disgruntled by my lack of attention to him (did I mention his yelling?).

I went downstairs to get him a bottle and when I came back she was quietly looking over her animal flashcards. Great, she's keeping herself busy without getting undressed or demolishing her room. I take DaBoy into his room and feed him.

All is quiet, too quiet. I'm nervous and I think by the content on this blog so far I have every right to be. I get DaBoy almost asleep and try to hurry him into his crib. This doesn't work and he's yelling again but I have to see what she's doing.

I peer around the corner and where is she? What is she doing? She's lying in bed!!! Still awake, but in bed!!! Where's my kid?

I go back to DaBoy, quiet him again, get him to sleep for real and check back on her before going downstairs. She's asleep. It's before 8pm and both are down for the night!!! WOW

Of course this means tomorrow night will be hell but tonight WOOOHOOO!!!

g

2 comments:

  1. My Dear Son, who is often still awake at 10 pm fell asleep last night on the couch at 6:15! We put him in bed fully clothed and he slept right through until 6:15 this morning! He was either exhausted by kindergarten or sickening for something. Today I found out that they had a sub yesterday afternoon who took them out for an extra recess and told them to run around and burn off lots of energy! It worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DaMom would love a sub like that!

    Do they make house calls?

    ReplyDelete