Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Too good to be true

Yesterday we went to my brother-in-laws' girlfriends' house for their birthdays (they are 3 days apart). This meant a two hour drive out and two hours back, some of which was in snow. We timed the drive out perfectly, both kids slept the whole way.

We were at the party for a few hours and left when DaKids started looking sleepy. Another perfectly timed trip, they both slept the whole way back.

We had dinner and DaMom was tired so she went take a nap while I bathed DaKids. Again, everything seemed to be going perfectly. I got both of them ready for bed and DaBoy up to DaMom for his last feeding and read a few stories to DaGirl. When she was ready for the lights to go out, I made sure she didn't need the potty and went to rock DaBoy to sleep who was now screaming at DaMom.

DaGirl was quiet, DaMom went downstairs, and I rocked DaBoy who was overly squirmy. It took me a while to get him asleep enough to put into his crib. I could hear DaGirl was up but figured she was looking out the window.

NOPE

Again, she was standing in the middle of the floor with no PJs or diaper on. Only this time her hands were covered with the "stuff". She was smooshing it like play doh.

Needless to say, she got another bath.

I knew the day went too easily.

g

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I can laugh because, hopefully, my two are beyond that now!

    There's an award for you on my blog BTW.

    ReplyDelete