Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Dentist

Do I need to say more?

Yes, It's my Blog.

So I was supposed to go to the dentist on Tuesday for a cleaning. That didn't happen. My body had been rejecting all food substances since 1:30 Tuesday morning and I spent 19 of the next 24 hours in bed. A trip to DMD's House Of Pain wasn't in the cards.

But they wanted me in there anyway at 8 on Wednesday. yippie.

The following is a mostly factual account of the conversations that occurred at the dentists office.

Jen (hygienist): How are you today?
g: Better than yesterday.
J: Yeah there seems to be something going around.
g: (duh)
J: Do you have any teeth that are bothering you today?
g: No.
J:We'll fix that. Open wide.
g: (huh?)
J: Oh, I found two superficial cavities.
J: Do you grind your teeth?
g: I have young kids, I grit my teeth a lot.
J: Ha ha, well these look like they might be caused by grinding at night wearing the enamel......blah blah blah
g: (Great my subconscious is trying to wreck my teeth) nah
J: Well let me get the doctor and we should be able get these taken care of right now without novacain.
g: NUH? (remember, her instruments of pain are trying to find new portals of discomfort, my side of the conversation is pretty limited.)

Sure enough he comes in and says the same thing. I feel like they rehearse this stuff for me.

DMD: This won't take long.
g: snarf
DMD: BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
g: eek
DMD: BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
g: (Ok there's the smoke Bill Cosby used to talk about, you can stop now!)
DMD: BUZZZZZBUZZZZZZbuzzBUZZZZ
g:(Is there something I can stab him with, no wait you now have holes in your teeth, they need to fill them first)

That's how they get you see. They'll wear you out with the drilling and by the time you are ready to commit a felony, you just want out.

DMD: His teeth are pretty sensitive (DUH, I'm the guy who can feel everything and need super hightest novacain.) I recommend a Bite Analysis.
g: grunt (another thing to sell me, I must have bought him a car by now)

No comments:

Post a Comment