Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Malicious Destruction of Property

When I was growing up girls were held to a higher standard. I don't remember any girl intentionally setting out to mess up, damage, or otherwise harm someone's property. That was left to the adolescent boys. Sure, the girls were conniving, scheming, defaming and probably planning the destruction, but they didn't actively participate. They would tell their boy slave to carry out the misdeed and it would be done. Almost godfatherlike. Only a lot younger, with a training bra.

I never went out and vandalized something for the hell of it. Sure, I enjoyed breaking up construction debris or other junk discarded in the woods and maybe i moved something just freak someone out, but I never damaged someones usable stuff. I didn't see the joy in it and didn't understand why other people did.

Last night was our weekly Water Babies class at our local YMCA. Our kids are close enough in age that both are in the same class. Really it's an excuse to splash around in a pool for a half hour. My kids are fish. They love the place.

Our YMCA has two pools, one is large and used for swim team practices and the other is smaller and heated. The small pool is still very big, two classes can be held in it at one time and there is still plenty of open space in the middle. There are youth and adult changing rooms conveniently located and outside of the pool area there are two "Family Changing Rooms". I emphasize this because for the last two weeks we've had to wait in the cold hallway while girls from the swim team use these changing rooms. Cold and wet 7 and 28 month old kids are not fun to be around.

Last night was stupidity at it's finest.

All of our street clothes were in the lockers in the bigger of the two rooms and a gaggle of girls were holding the room hostage while they were showering and slowly changing into their clothes. When the other room finally cleared I took the kids to into it and started getting them changed since all of their diapers and sleep stuff was in the bag we took into the pool area. My wife proceeded to beat down the door until they let her into get our stuff when she was greeted by water all over the floor and on our stuff in the lockers! They had also shot some spray soap through the grates of the locker and into my socks and underwear.

WTF!!!!

I have no idea who these children are and they don't know me. Why mess with any of our stuff? We did grab one of the swim coaches and complained at the front desk so hopefully these little $4!t$ get booted out.

Last night was far to cold and snowy to be outside, commando, in damp jeans with no socks on.

How's that for imagery?

1 comment:

  1. I try to avoid our Y when I know the swim team kids are around. The locker rooms are sheer madness. Each girl seems to take up three times as much space as anyone needs to in the locker room, and they all have HUGE duffle bags that for the life of them they can't figure out what to do with so they leave them in the most inconvenient of places . . . and they hog the toilets (that being the only place they can change in private, although there are signs up asking them not to change in there) Grrrr. At least we do have an adults-only locker room that they're not allowed in, but that doesn't help when I'm at the Y with my kids.

    ReplyDelete